Steps Towards Adoption
1. We ask that you submit an application to adopt so we may begin to process and accept you as “parents in waiting”. At this time we ask that you provide the agency with the $350 (non-refundable) application fee and begin working on eligibility documents. For your convenience we offer the option to print the Application to Adopt and pay the Application fee online through our website. You must meet the eligibility requirements at time of application. A thorough background check will be done to ensure the safety of the child.
Documents to be included with your application:
- Pet vaccination (if applicable)
- Floor plans of your house with dimensions
- Photos of the outside play area to be used by the child
2. You will receive “initial acceptance”, upon approval of your application. If you do not have a Home study, this is the time to schedule one with a licensed social worker or you may give us a call and we can help you with information regarding your home study and what is needed. Once we have received your home study and approved it, your status is moved to full agency acceptance. At this time, we will need to receive your financial agreement and agency fee.
3. Once received, the agency’s director of social services will ensure that all required documents are in order before becoming “parents in waiting” (Please refer to the Adoption Process Checklist). At this time we will go over how to create your adoption profile which will be shown to the birth parent(s). Your profiles will only be shown to birth parent(s) whose profiles meet your preferences. Open-minded preferences improve your probability of being chosen sooner. In addition to your profile, you are required to complete two readings every quarter from our Adoption library or from another pre-approved source. We welcome you to check out "Creating a Family" under our Helpful links. This site has many resources including their Radio Shows on Infertility and Adoption. You are able to write reports on the information you hear on the radio shows to meet your educational training.Once you are matched with a birth mother, you will be contacted and a follow-up to any possible pending or updating of paperwork will be discussed. It is important to remember that all paperwork must be in our office before placement can occur. As a guide we have included an Adoption Process Checklist so you can keep track of all the required documents you will be signing and submitting to the agency as we move forward.
Adoption Angels reserves the right to decline applicants if they do not meet the agency’s eligibility requirements. The agency will notify you writing if your application is declined.
We truly appreciate your interest in our Adoption program